With the help of the drag-and-drop page builder Elementor, you can effortlessly create some incredible WordPress websites. It offers countless design options, and the free version is perfectly optimal. But eventually, like with everything else in life, you find yourself yearning for more. We assume there is a question you’ve been asking yourself lately if you’ve been utilizing the Elementor page builder plugin for a while. “Should I switch to Elementor Pro or continue using Elementor free?” You have additional options with Elementor Pro, enabling you to complete tasks more quickly. Although there is always a solution, utilizing Elementor Pro to create popups is much easier.
From a more technical basis, the pro version also makes it quick and simple to throw in some customized CSS. You can do a lot with Elementor’s free edition, and you can do much more if you upgrade to the pro version. What precisely is the distinction, and should you spend money on Elementor Pro? With this essay, we’re going to specifically assist you with that. We’ll provide you with all the information you need to decide whether to use the free or paid versions of Elementor for your forthcoming ventures.
A comparison b/w Elementor free VS Pro
You technically receive some new Elementor add-ons to the current free plugin when you upgrade to Elementor Pro. I’m done now! Other than that, nothing changes. Therefore, you don’t need to worry that the upgrade may damage your website or have any other negative effects. It’ll work out just great! Here are the main distinctions across the free and pro editions, though we will discuss all of the pro features in more detail later.
Widgets and tools
The amount of widgets you can utilize grows when you upgrade to the pro version. Although you wouldn’t absolutely need all of these widgets to make awesome-looking pages, they can aid in making designs and pages that are more functional or accelerate the process. You can also go without some third-party plugins by utilizing the Elementor Pro edition. For instance, rather of requiring a form plugin, you may create customized forms directly from your Elementor interface with the Form widget. Additionally, if you manage a WooCommerce store, you’ll like the addition of a number of widgets tailored specifically for WooCommerce. There are other ways to add extra widgets than using Elementor Pro. The free version of Elementor gains new widgets thanks to a plugin including Ultimate Addons for Elementor.
The enhanced pro features that become accessible when you upgrade are shown in the image below.
Although Elementor has a large collection of templates, access to the substantial proportion of them is only available through Elementor Pro.
You can utilize each and every page template and component in the library when using Elementor Pro. Although this is a bonus, you can find many more extra templates for Elementor’s standard edition without paying for Elementor Pro. For instance, the free version of Elementor was used to create all of our Starter Templates.
Visual form builder
We’ve already covered how to get rid of annoying third-party plugins. The Form Builder that comes with Elementor Pro, however, is unquestionably noteworthy. Forms are a crucial component of every website. Whether it’s a website for a person, a business, or an online platform. Forms make it easier for visitors to contact you and aid in lead generation. You can quickly construct forms with the drag and drop Form Builder in Elementor Pro. Create stunning online contact forms quickly and easily. You have complete control over the design, and the Elementor dashboard lets you manage all form submissions. Using the Elementor Pro Form Builder tool, it is simple to design multi-step forms and enhance user experience.
You have complete control over every component of your WordPress website thanks to the Elementor theme builder. You can easily modify everything, from creating unique headers and footers to individual pages and posts. The best part is that, regardless of the WordPress theme you are using, you can aesthetically create them all without understanding how to code. The WooCommerce builder in Elementor also allows you to change how your online store is organized. To simplify things, just make sure your theme is Elementor WooCommerce compatible. Elementor Pro is a great option if you want to build anything with Elementor. You don’t truly need the pro edition if all you want to do is design a unique header or footer for your website.
We now know that the Pro version has a wealth of extra features and widgets to facilitate better workflow. But there is a cost associated with it. Although there are many price points, the cost only depends on how many licenses you need and what level of assistance you want. It should be very obvious that you should choose the Essential plan if you are only working on one website. Choose a subscription based on your needs if you’re working on many websites and require Elementor Pro for each of them. The key distinctions among the various pro versions are shown below.
Elementor Pro Features
Theme building functionality
The Theme Builder in Elementor enables you to create custom single post templates. With Elementor Pro, you can create stunning blog entries. You want to employ various layouts for various blog entries. Use separate themes, for instance, for blog posts, product posts, reviews, and so forth. You may accomplish that thanks to the unique single post templates you generate.
- You can use dynamic widgets to create any blog post template with Elementor Pro. In this method, whenever you create a blog post, the actual website content is loaded into all of your dynamic widgets.
- The header and footer parts of your website can be designed attractively with Elementor Pro’s complete freedom and control. This features the sticky header and more than 25 new, completely compatible header-footer blocks that work with almost any WordPress theme.
- Simply navigate to Templates > ThemeBuilder from your WordPress dashboard to alter your header and footer. For your header or footer, add a new template. A header (or footer) template is available for selection, or you can create one from scratch. Once you’re done, you may decide where to place your header (or footer), which by default will appear on the entire website.
- Elementor Pro includes the Popup Builder tool. You can construct any kind of popup using this capability. Including exit intentions, ad banners, subscription forms, lead capture forms, and more. You can use the pre-made popup templates provided by Elementor in projects. Using particular predefined criteria and triggers, you may decide which pages will show the popup.
- For instance, after a page has fully loaded, a popup window can be shown. A popup may also be shown in response to a user activity, like a button click. You can also select whether to have your popup appear full-screen, slide-in, or at the top or bottom of the page when using Elementor Pro.
- Every component of your online store may be customized using Elementor WooCommerce Builder. Regardless of the WordPress theme, you may visually construct your single product page, repository product page, as well as other store pages.
Your preferred CRM and marketing tools may be smoothly integrated into your website using Elementor Pro. Elementor provides you with a full range of integrations, ranging from email marketing tools to independent WordPress plugins and social media platforms.
All of Elementor’s users have access to help. They have a committed support staff, written content, a knowledge base, and instructional videos. Which can all assist in resolving your page builder-related problems. Added assistance required? Users of Elementor Pro benefit from professional, round-the-clock service where their questions are answered the same day. Additionally, VIP help is available, where you can communicate with the support staff in real-time and get responses to your tickets within 30 minutes. While VIP help is only accessible with the Studio and Agency subscriptions, premium service is available with the Essential, Advanced, and Expert plans as well.
Elementor Pro allows you to directly add CSS styles to specific widgets or sections, whereas Elementor Free just allows you to add custom CSS classes and IDs. This significantly increases efficiency if you like to utilize your own unique CSS.
- If none of the aforementioned features piqued your interest, here is one more justification for upgrading to Elementor Pro. You can use Type kit as well as your custom fonts in your projects when using Elementor Pro. Connect to Adobe Fonts to access hundreds of Google Font options.
- Fantastic mouse animations and motion effects can be made with the help of Elementor Pro’s Motion Effects toolkit. Utilizing these effects, web designers can include animations and motion effects without using external libraries or customized code.
- If you plan to reuse the same widget on several pages, global widgets will save you a ton of time. They allow you to quickly reuse the same design, much like storing a widget as a template, but with a twist. Any modifications you make to a global widget in the future will be automatically pushed out to all instances of that global widget.
- Using short codes or widgets, Embbed Anywhere enables you to place Elementor templates anywhere on your website. You might utilize this capability, for instance, to create a CTA that appears in the sidebar of your website via a widget. This gives you yet another technique for giving your entire website the Elementor interface when combined with theme creation.
Here, we’ll go through the primary basic variations between Elementor free and Elementor pro:
|Elementor Free||Elementor Pro|
|Offers essential tools available at zero cost. Easily downloadable from WordPress.org.||Includes advanced tools to create more professional-looking WordPress sites.|
|Features|| Live Editing
Drag and drop Builder
30 Elementor widgets
Import/ Export Elementor Templates
Flexibility to add HTML & CSS code.
| All Free Features
24*7 Customer Support
Automatic Pro Updates
|Advantages|| Ease of Use
Highly Integrated for SEO
Well-Synchronized with other WordPress widgets.
| Availability of Pro Tools, Widgets, and Templates for upto 1000 websites.
Loads smoothly even with 60+ widgets, 300+ professional templates, and other awesome extensions.
|Pricing||Free||$49 – $999 per year|
You shouldn’t worry about considering this step right away because Elementor Pro is an add-on for Elementor. Simply test out Elementor’s free version to see if it can fit your needs. If you ever feel constrained, you may upgrade to Elementor Pro by just uploading the plugin; there is no configuration required, and you won’t lose any of your previous work in the process. The Free edition of Elementor provides countless design options. However, Elementor Pro gives you access to more sophisticated tools that accelerate your work flow and enable you to increase conversions and sales. There are numerous customization and functionality choices available in the free edition. The premium edition, though, may also be really worthwhile. The additional components, templates, and building pieces may be the secret to creating truly original content. The quantity of templates and widgets you have access to is the primary distinction between Elementor Free and Pro. With the free plugin, many functionalities are accessible. However, you might want to use Elementor Pro if you’re searching for a more comprehensive package that contains really specialized alternatives.