The very first Firmware Over The Air Update (FOTA) for the Asus Zenfone 2 has rolled out, bringing more features to the mighty device. Zenfone 2 was recently launched in Delhi, with promising set of specifications and features that teases the other flagship devices.
Asus Zenfone 2 OTA New Features
Following are the new feature releases for Asus Zenfone 2, for all device versions. You can check out more details of model-wise specifications that we have covered here.
- Support SIM2 always set voice network type
- Smart Cover New Features
- Double tap to turn off the screen
- displays the battery level on the Clock view’s color ring
- Added Calendar app
- Added Mystic Ball app (To enable, go to Settings > ASUS customized settings > ASUS Cover settings > Select apps on the cover screen.)
- Allows to adjust the screen’s position
- Swipe up to select and change Clock theme
- Slide up the icon to launch Camera
- The photos captured via Cover view are saved to ASUS Camera’s folder
Power Saver: Added wake up app list management in Ultra-saving mode
Themes App: Download new themes to customize your device
Google Drive Free 100 GB space (WW only)
Improve WIFI compatibility
Auto Start Manager:Promote Auto Start Manager entry in Quick Box, Settings and Home Screen
Sound Recorder: Controls recording and playback on notifications
How to Update ASUS Zenfone 2 with New FOTA
1. You will be notified for the FOTA Update, which you can install right away. But if you miss it, head to Setting > About > System update > Check Update, and start your Zenfone 2 update download right away.
3. Within a few minutes your Zenfone 2 will restart, and will be updated with all new features and improvements.
Do share this article, if you find it useful, and comment below if you face any issues.