OptraSCAN®, the leading end-to-end digital pathology solution provider, announced the launch of OS-Ultra 320 the world’s first-ever affordable high-speed digital pathology scanner. The OS-Ultra 320 scans tissues/cells of size 15×15 mm area at 40x magnification in less than 60 seconds and features no-touch continuous loading operation. The OS-Ultra 320 is designed to reduce workflow errors and scale-up pathology laboratory operations.
“We are disrupting digital transformation of Pathology and Cytology through affordability,” said Abhi Gholap, Founder of OptraSCAN. “With our 15-slide scanner getting tremendous traction for small laboratories, we are happy to launch our high performance 320 slide scanning device at an economical pricing as a complete solution to scan-store-analyze-share the cases,” he further added.
“OS-Ultra 320 represents a significant development in reducing technician time while maintaining perfect image quality for the healthcare professionals. It will provide better performance and improved capabilities,” said Dr Clive Taylor, Chief Medical Officer of OptraSCAN.
OS-Ultra Technical Specifications:
- Continuous Slide Loading: Intuitive interface with fully automated walk-away acquisition
- Light Source: LED
- Focusing Technique: Real-Time Auto Focus
- File Format: JPEG2000, TIFF ability to convert file formats
- Slide Formats: Standard 25x75mm (1”x3”) slides, 50x75mm (2”x3”) slides
- Slide Tolerances: Length: ± 1mm, Width: ± 1mm, Thickness ± 0.2mm
- Resolution: 0.25 μ /pixel
- Workflow Software application
- TELEPath application
- Image Analysis Suite for Breast, Prostate, Brain, Renal and Lung (IHC and H&E)