Business Wire India
The GSMA today announced a number of additional high-profile speakers for its Mobile 360 Series – MENA (Middle East and North Africa) conference taking place on the 26-27 November 2018 in Dubai. The mobile industry-focused event, which is now in its sixth year, will cover the key industry issues facing the region, with a particular emphasis on transformative technologies including artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain and 5G.
“Mobile is having a transformative impact across this diverse region with mobile operators in the GCC states laying the foundations for leadership in 5G and planning ahead to commercial launches, while the region’s emerging markets are seeing rising smartphone adoption,” said John Giusti, Chief Regulatory Officer, GSMA. “We have a incredible line-up of expert speakers this year, ready to outline the key issues and challenges facing the region – we’re looking forward to a thought-provoking and exciting showcase.”
New speakers added to the agenda include:
- Hakam Kanafani, Chairman of the Board, Arab Advisors Group
- Ola Doudin, CEO, BitOasis
- Sandra De Zoysa, Chief Customer Officer, Dialog Sri Lanka
- Saleem Alblooshi, Chief Infrastructure Officer, Du
- Chafic Traboulsi, Regional VP, Head of Networks Middle East, Ericsson
- Khalifa Hassan Al-Forah Al-Shamsi, Group Chief Corporate Strategy and Governance Officer, Etisalat
- Dr. Mohamed Madkour, VP Global Wireless Networks Marketing and Solutions, Huawei
- Ramit Harisinghani, Vice President/Head of MEA, HTC
- Ouassim El Arroussi – Marketing B2B Director, INWI
- Bashar Arafeh, Managing Director, MEA, Irisguard
- Elcin Yanik, EVP Market Development, Mastercard
- Dr. Atef Helmy, Senior Advisor, Board of Directors, Orange Middle East and Africa
- Madhu Dua, Vice President, Reliance Jio
- Dr Homoud Mohammed Alkussayer, Governance and Regulatory Affairs Sector VP, STC
They join previously announced speakers including:
- Hatem Dowidar, CEO International, Etisalat
- Imen Benzine, CMO, Algerie Telecom
- Dr Ling Wu, Chairman, Carrier Blockchain Study Group (CBSG) Consortium
- Osman Sultan, CEO, Du
- Rafiah Ibrahim, President Middle East and Africa, Ericsson
- Mohie Elrafey, CMO, GE Healthcare, Eastern Growth Markets
- Jawad Abbassi, Head of MENA, GSMA
- John Giusti, Chief Regulatory Officer, GSMA
- Anthony Butler, Leader and Chief Technology Officer, IBM Blockchain Services, Middle East and Africa
- Jaime Galviz, COO and CMO, Microsoft MEA
- Thierry Millet, CEO, Orange Tunisia
- Navin Gupta, Managing Director, South Asia and MENA, Ripple
- Daichi Nozaki, VP Global Business, SoftBank
- Nasser bin Suleiman Al-Nasser, CEO, STC
- Ahmed El Beheiry, CEO, Telecom Egypt
- Aysem Ertopuz, EVP Digital Services and Solutions, Turkcell
- Scott Gegenheimer, CEO Operations, Zain Group
Being held at the new location of the Westin Mina Seyahi Hotel in Dubai, the two-day Mobile 360 – MENA will bring together senior-level delegates from across the region to discuss the key developments in the mobile industry and their impact on businesss and citizens across the region. Topics will include cybersecurity risk, digital identity and the Internet of Things, as well as an in-depth focus on the policy and regulatory approaches needed to drive further innovation in the 5G era.
A number of new industry sponsors have recently signed up to support the event, including Telecom Egypt, who have joined as Mobile Partner, alongside Mastercard as Industry Sponsor, Irisgard as Showcase Sponsors and Novation City as Supporting Sponsor. They join previously announced sponsors including Etisalat (Host Sponsor), Huawei (Headline Sponsor), and Ericsson, Facebook, Intelsat and Matrixx Software (Supporting Sponsors).
For further information on Mobile 360 – MENA, including sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.mobile360series.com/mena/. Follow developments and updates on Mobile 360 – MENA (#M360MENA) on Twitter @GSMAEVENTS, on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and LinkedIn on www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series. Download the event app for further information: www.mobile360series.com/app/.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.