Are your Snapchat notifications not working on your Android or iPhone Device? Without a doubt, Snapchat is one of the most popular social networking sites worldwide. This social media platform lets you communicate with friends, send them messages, and even post pictures. An essential component of the social media experience is real-time notification.
To keep you interested in a platform, apps like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Snapchat thrive on alerts. You must open the apps to access the most recent updates when notifications for applications like Instagram and Snapchat cease working. It isn’t the best workaround. We can help if you’ve had this problem for a few days. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to fix it.
How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Error
1. Check Snapchat Notification Settings
You must first determine whether notifications are turned on within the Snapchat app.
To activate Snapchat, follow the instructions below to the settings page.
- Open Snapchat and click on your Bitmoji or profile photo in the top left corner.
- To access Settings, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner. Currently, tap “Notifications” and confirm that “Enable Notifications” is selected.
- You can pick and select everything you want to be informed about from this list. Additionally, you can decide whether or not you want your phone to vibrate, ring, and wake the screen when you receive a notice.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and select “Manage Story Notifications.”
If you want to be notified whenever one of your friends posts a new story, you may search for all of their names here and add these to that same list. The end of that. Now, you will get notifications for messages and stories your Snapchat pals share.
2. Check the Notification Settings in Your Phone’s Settings
We advise checking if alerts for Snapchat are activated on your device after reviewing the app’s settings. Indeed, check the settings on your phone to see if Snapchat alerts have not been turned off. You might have accidentally disabled them on your phone or switched them off at some time.
- Go to “Notifications” in the Settings app after opening it.
- Then, tap “Snapchat” on your iPhone underneath the notification settings.
- Next, confirm that Snapchat’s “Allow Notifications” option is switched on.
- Additionally, turn on the toggles for Sounds and Badges to get real-time notifications and reply right away.
- Go to the “Notifications” section in the Settings app by opening it.
- Then perform a Snapchat search and select it. Please note that the notification setting may have a different name based on your Android skin.
- Ensure that the “Allow notifications” checkbox is selected here.
- Additionally, turn on all of this screen’s additional vibration or sound options to receive Snapchat notifications on time.
You may also like: How to Fix Snapchat Not Sending Snaps Error
3. Check for/Disable DND
The next setting you should verify before moving on is after you’ve ensured the notifications are permitted in Snapchat and the phone’s settings. Your phones Do Not Disturb environment may be the cause of any malfunctioning app notifications, notably Snapchat. The following is how to check the DND settings:
To start, open the “Control Center” by swiping down from the top right corner. Then, see if “Do Not Disturb – On” is displayed in the Focus mode tile.
You won’t get Snapchat notifications if the Focus mode is DND, which is the cause. To get Snapchat notifications functioning further on your iPhone, tap the Focus mode title and choose any other focus, preferably personal.
You may now add Snapchat as an exception to the DND Focus mode if you don’t want to stop receiving notifications from this app. Go to Settings -> Focus -> Do Not Disturb to configure it. Next, choose “Apps” from the list of “Allow notifications”.
Select Snapchat by tapping the plus sign and pressing “Done” in the top right corner.
There are two ways to determine whether your Android phone’s Do Not Disturb feature is active.
To start, slide down from the top of the screen to see the notifications panel. In this case, make sure the DND fast tile is inactive to make sure Snapchat notifications aren’t being interfered with.
To determine whether the DND mode is active, click “Settings -> Sound & vibration -> Do Not Disturb.” I
n this case, much like on the iPhone, you may use Snapchat as a particular case to fix the issue of the notifications not working even with DND turned on.
4. Log-in again
Do you still not have Snapchat notifications? Well, this might seem a bit simple, but logging out and back into the app has helped fix the notification problem for many users. This technique is also helpful in resolving the Snapchat not delivering snaps problem for some users. So, if allowing notifications from Snapchat and your smartphone did not fix the issue, we advise you also to check this out. How to sign out of Snapchat is mentioned below.
In the top left corner, tap on your Bitmoji or profile photo. In the top-right corner of the screen, click the Settings cog. After that, touch “Log Out” at the bottom of the page as you scroll down. Then choose it once more to exit Snapchat. Now that you can sign in with your account credentials, the Snapchat notification’s not appearing problem should be fixed.
5. Reinstall the App
The Snapchat button on the main screen should be long-pressed. To remove the messaging app from your iPhone, choose “Remove App” and pick “Delete App” from the pop-up menu.
To view the app information page, navigate to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Snapchat. To delete the program, tap the “Uninstall” option and confirm your choice.
Now that you know how to fix the Snapchat notifications on your iPhone or Android phone, you may do so most simply and practically possible. Reinstalling the app, double-checking the do not disturb mode, and turning on the notifications settings usually fix the problem, but if those steps don’t work, your last option is to contact the Snapchat support team.