Well, Some of the folks have asked me about this that the settings that are given by the manual of Samsung Star WiFi (S5230W )is not working with their phone. Its basically is a small issue but I guess, it is helpful to many of newbies who are using the Wifi phone for the first time ever in their life. Also for those guys who can;t find or select there Network Id’s this method is useful.
So following are the settings you must ensure to so to configure Wi Fi Settings on Samsung Star Wi Fi
Settings You must Do On Your Star S5230W Phone :
1. Set wireless mode to B-G Mixed
2. Standard Channel = 8
3. Encryption – TKIP
Settings On WiFi Router :
1. Delete the configured wireless connection if you already have one.
2. Enable wi-fi but do not perform search at the moment
3. Now open the browser and select settings then browser profiles press search for wi-fi.
4. Select the connection that you want to connect to then type the details and match the settings on the router.
5. Auth type = WPA, encryption = TKIP, network key = router pre-shared key, protocol = HTTP, Home URL = address of modem (you can change it later if everything is already working), leave proxy blank, linger = default, adhoc = off, no need to do advance settings.
6. Save the settings and do not connect yet.
7. Exit the browser and go to Wi-Fi and select the connection that you have just configured and select details.
8. Check all the settings if ok. if the channel is different with the router, adjust it on the router to match the one used by the phone. IP address = not connected (it will automatically connect once you browse the internet).
9. Now, before you try to browse the internet, you must set first the connection you’ve just configured as default connection.