Importance of Behavioural Assessment During Recruitments
Nowadays getting a job is not an easy task at all people had to face a lot of hurdles for acquiring the right job for them. Most often we have seen the people having a good connection in the organisation get the job very easily and the wrong candidates are getting jobs just with the power of money. But now there is no need to worry with the advancement in technology the hiring system has become so advanced that the deserving candidates are getting hired for the right job. The methods like Pre employment test, Behavioural Assessment at the time of recruitment are used which will help the appropriate candidate to pass the exams.
Earlier behaviour of the person was observed to cure psychological problems they used to observe the behaviour of the patient to cure their mental illness. But now the behaviour of the person is observed before giving them the job. In the behavioural test a real office scenario is created for the candidate where they have to work on the projects given by the organisations. While solving the problems of the project the candidates need to give the appropriate solutions, via which their capabilities are judged. While giving the assessments the behaviour of the candidate is closely noticed, their way of handling problems play a vital role in getting a job.
Different Tools Used For Behavioural Assessment.
There are basically two ways through which the behavioural assessment can be completed. One is an online method for the assessment and the other one is the offline assessment tools. In the online tools various methods like Situational judgment test, Case study, Caselets during all these assessments the real life office scenario is created to observe the real behaviour of the candidate. There the candidate has to give appropriate answers for different types of questions given to them. Whereas in the offline assessment group discussions are held where a candidate gets the chance to place their ideas, the interviewers observe their hold on the group and how smoothly the candidate faces the situation confidently. Role plays are included in the offline assessment where the candidates are given the situations which they have to solve according to their abilities.
Benefits of Behavioural Assessment
There are several benefits of using behavioural assessment before hiring the candidate. With the help of these assessments the most deserving candidate will get the job. Some of the basic benefits of the behavioural assessment are as follows:-
- The main importance of the behavioural assessment is one can easily predict the future behaviour of the candidate in the workplace. The interviewers start observing the candidates the moment they are given the task. Every single thing is noticed via these assessments.
- In these tests even the candidates can be assured that they are given the fair chance to compete with their competitors for the specific job. As the same task is provided to each and every candidate who has applied for the test.
- Through these assessments the interviewer is giving the candidate the same environment which they will have to face in the future when they join the office permanently.
- As all the assessments are handled technologically the interview will have the full result of the candidate. In these reports there will be clearly specified the points as to which the candidate should be selected and on what grounds should the candidate be rejected. With this facility the rejected candidate cannot question the interviewer as they can provide the proof of their rejection. There is one plus point for the rejected candidates too as they will get to know their shortcomings and work on them for future.
- Most often the situation occurs where the relatives of the working employee or the known person of the interview gets the job without being capable of it. Hence by using the method of behavioural assessment one can get rid of bias selection. As the whole process depends on the capabilities of the candidate who is giving the assessment and are chosen accordingly.
- As the process is real and when the candidate goes through it, their real talent comes out. If they are capable enough no one can hide this thing and if they don’t have the ability to pass the assessment the interviewer can know through this process.
- The interviewers can be confident about the candidate as they have hired the candidate via their abilities so they can be sure. The candidates can fulfil the requirement of the organisation.
- These tests can be a money saviour for your organisation. As by the means of these assessments the true knowledge of the candidates comes out. If the candidates you have hired have a good knowledge of your organisation beforehand. Then they can prove to be the best candidate and complete all the work given to them with an ease. You don’t have to hire two candidates for a single thing to be maintained if one can do it smoothly, so you can save the money.
- Occasionally the interviewers face the challenge to who is the most deserving candidate as while selecting more than one candidate scores the same. But with the help of behavioural assessment one can make a difference between the two as one will definitely score more than the other candidate.
- Most of the time it can be next to impossible for the interviewers to choose the right candidate via normal interview. But with the help of behavioural assessment one can choose the right candidate for the job without wasting much time.
Overall we can say that the behavioural test has been extremely useful in selecting the most appropriate candidate for the job. The main benefit of these tests is that the interviewers can trust the person they choose for the job. The most important thing of the behavioural assessment test is one the candidate who is most capable of the job gets it instead of the candidate who has a strong resume. They believe in the practical capabilities of the candidate.