Marketing your medical practice is a lot of work. With so many other distractions and tasks to attend to, it can be difficult to remember all the marketing activities you need to do on a regular basis- or know where to start. That’s why we put together this 6-step strategy for you! In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to get your marketing done more efficiently and quickly.
Topic 1 – Gather Your Marketing Team
If you’re like most medical practice owners, you wear a lot of hats. You’re the CEO, CFO, and COO all rolled into one. And while you may be a jack-of-all-trades, there are some things that are better left to the professionals. Marketing your medical practice is one of them.
That’s why your first step in devising a marketing strategy should be to gather your marketing team. This team will be responsible for developing and executing your marketing plan. And while you may think you can do it all yourself, trust us, you’re going to need all the help you can get.
Now, you may be thinking, “I don’t have the budget for a marketing team.” But trust us, even if you have to outsource some of the work, it will be worth it in the long run. As the folks behind Inbound Medic say, even a local private physician practice today can compete with well-established hospitals if you develop the correct digital strategy and branding. A good marketing team will help you increase patient acquisition and retention rates, which will ultimately lead to increased revenue for your practice.
Topic 2 – Determine Your Marketing Goals
Some questions to ask yourself when determining your marketing goals:
-What are your overall business goals? (e.g. increase patient volume, grow revenue, etc.)
-What does success look like? How will you know if you’ve achieved your goal?
-Who is your target audience?
-What message do you want to communicate to your target audience?
-What are the specific objectives of your marketing campaign? (e.g. increase website traffic by X% or generate X number of new leads)
-What activities will you use to achieve your objectives? (e.g. social media, direct mail, events, etc.)
-How much are you willing to spend on your marketing efforts?
-When do you want to see results? What is your timeline for this campaign?
Topic 3 – Find Targeted Prospects
In order to find targeted prospects or your medical practice, you will need to employ a few different marketing strategies. First, you will need to identify your target market. This can be done by conducting market research or using demographic data. Once you know who your target market is, you can then begin to develop a marketing strategy that will reach them. This may include developing targeted advertising campaigns, creating a strong online presence, or developing relationships with referral sources. By taking the time to create a well-rounded marketing strategy, you will be able to reach your target market and grow your medical practice.
Topic 4 – Create Relevant Content
The first step in creating relevant content is to understand your audience. What are their pain points? What are their interests? Once you have a good understanding of who your target audience is, you can start creating content that appeals to them.
One way to create relevant content is to produce blog posts that answer common questions your target audience has. Not only will this help them better understand your medical practice, but it will also show that you’re an expert in your field. You can also create infographics, e-books, or whitepapers that offer valuable information to your target audience.
Topic 5 – Optimize for Conversion
1) Make sure your website is mobile-friendly: In today’s day and age, it is absolutely essential that your website is mobile-friendly. Over 60% of web traffic now comes from mobile devices, so if your site is not optimized for mobile, you are likely losing out on a lot of potential leads and customers.
2) Use strong calls-to-action: Your calls-to-action (CTAs) should be clear, concise, and persuasive. They should be placed prominently on your website and lead visitors to taking the next step in the conversion process – whether that’s signing up for a newsletter, scheduling a consultation, or making a purchase.
3) Use compelling visuals: People are visual creatures, so using high-quality visuals on your website can be extremely effective in getting visitors to convert. Whether it’s photos, infographics, videos, or illustrations, make sure the visuals you use are attention-grabbing and relevant to your brand.
4) Keep your forms short and sweet: No one likes filling out long forms, so keep yours short and sweet if you want people to actually
Topic 6 – Increase Traffic to Your Site
There are a number of ways to increase traffic to your medical practice website. By following a few simple steps, you can significantly boost the number of visitors to your site.
- Start by optimizing your website for search engines. Use relevant keywords in your titles and content to help improve your site’s ranking in search results.
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate and contains informative, well-written content. Visitors should be able to easily find the information they’re looking for on your site.
- Use social media to promote your website and drive traffic to it. Post links to your website on popular social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
By following these six steps, you can develop a solid marketing strategy for your medical practice that will help you attract new patients and grow your business. Keep in mind that it takes time to see results from marketing efforts, so be patient and consistent with your approach. And if you need help getting started, contact a marketing agency that specializes in healthcare marketing. With the right partner, you can take your medical practice to the next level.