Modern websites have to be created in such a way to ensure all the content is provided accurately and intuitively to target audiences. However, taking into account how many information assets every brand possesses, user-friendliness can and should be expressed divergently.
The average attitude to popping-up messages is similar: it can be excepted as a frustrating attention-grabbing tool. In practice, lightboxes that are designed and implemented in the website architecture correctly lead to success. According to several research studies, this content-making strategy can increase your brand leads by over sixty percent.
Stay tuned to find out essential details about lightboxes and their value for your business. Onwards!
What You Should Know About Lightboxes
Before trying to understand how the analyzed tool for web design, it is necessary to answer one simple question. What is a website lightbox? This notion is applied to describe a window overlay that is automatically activated and appears as the first layer of the visited webpage. When it is on, other features of the panel can be limited. For instance, the major part of sites disables background processes unless the lightbox window is closed.
The leading purpose of this feature is to interact with customers and provide a specific call to action. There are multiple types of information that lightboxes can cover:
- They are used for promoting the page and enabling users to register or sign up for its newsletter.
- It is a good method to inform the audience about sales and promotions.
- Lightboxes usually appear when there is a need to note the cookies this or that platform uses.
- You can use them as gallery tools to show your previous projects, for example.
- Such messages are worth it to let the customers know about different UX modes, which is especially useful for people who use mobile devices. For example, it can be an offer to view the page as it is or be forwarded to its adapted version.
Given these samples only, it is clear that lightboxes are necessary and useful sources of data, to which people are already accustomed. What leads to such a common negative attitude to them? Here is a brief list of don’ts to follow to reach maximum lightbox efficiency:
- Ensure a popup isn’t shown right away. The timing has to be perfect. You won’t catch users who leave the platform after fifteen seconds. The opportunity to sign up for your mailing list is important when potential customers have a certain understanding of your brand performance.
- Ensure your lightboxes are relevant to the page content. It is unreasonable to ask them to sign up for your social media when website users check the page with your sales options.
- The exit for popups has to be intuitive and easy to operate. Don’t make customers wait for ages before the necessary sign to close the message appears on the screen.
- As for the right timing, your site architecture has to monitor users’ actions to ensure the popup will appear at the best fit moment. Popups that occur right before visitors are going to proceed with checkout are misleading.
How to Create Flawless Lightboxes
The content issue is important to check, but diving deeper into basic creation principles is no less crucial. Here are some main suggestions for amateurs and first-time users:
- Your popup messages have to be simple and attractive. Avoid too cumbersome structures and a lot of wording. Brevity is the soul of wit.
- Choose the right tone — positive vibes and friendliness are must-haves.
- Select influential call-to-action phrases to grab visitors’ attention without making them sound like an order.
- Your lightboxes have to be tuned with your branding style. By selecting a contrastive color palette, the overall impression from the web page may be spoiled. It will be rather distractive than appealing and catching.
By a lot of means, the introduction of popping-up messages depends on the software applied. With the help of Claspo, this process is intuitive and includes multiple customizable stages, which make templates personalized in accordance with your needs.
The overall instruction on how to build a lightbox includes the following:
- Before you start a brainstorming session, select the type of lightbox you need. Email or cookies popups will have their unique features to stick to.
- Open the dashboard and pick what blocks to add. You can also customize one of the present templates.
- Upload your visual content — background images. They can be separate files or a collage mono-background. If desired, it is not a problem to add interactive means to your lightbox, including video or GIF formats. Don’t forget to keep it aligned with the other content on your platform and branding identity.
- Work on the lightbox navigation. Aside from adding the exit button, take care of the functions for performing the target call-to-action. If it is a sign-up popup, it should include fields for providing visitors’ contact details.
- Before you implement a lightbox in your website, test its UI and UX efficiency.
Wrap It Up
Lightboxes provide essential details and simplify navigation on the site once they are designed in accordance with the widespread requirements and tips. The right timing and coverage will easily increase your conversion rate and will enable you to interact with end users more qualitatively and interactively. All that is left is to analyze your brand’s needs and goals and apply the best lightbox-creation services in the market.