5 Things You Can Do to Avoid Google Penalties
We are at the threshold of the new year, which brings new opportunities and challenges. The e-commerce and SEO industries are also bracing to implement the latest trends and counter unseen threats. But what are those unexpected risks?
Have you heard about Google penalties? A Google penalty is the type of punishment that a website faces for violating search engine guidelines. It is a kind of a nightmare for any website where it drastically loses all its web traffic based on Google’s search algorithms. There is a tremendous decline in the ranking of the website.
Google makes important announcements and updates about its search engine policies from time to time. The websites that follow the regulations get rewards with high ranking and traffic generation. The ones which don’t have to pay the price. According to research, the search engine giant Google takes action against 4,00,000 websites every month.
Moreover, the experts believe that if a website hits a penalty somewhere between 10-50%, it results in an instant loss of traffic.
Three Types of Google Penalties
There are three ways in which Google can penalize a website. It includes-
- Google Penguin– This penalty is associated with low or poor quality backlinks.
- Google Panda- This is related to poor quality content or plagiarized content.
- Google Hummingbird- The websites that don’t have natural language in search engines receive this punishment.
However, you don’t have to take the stress. There’s a solution to this problem. Yes, you can protect your website from Google Penalty as Google regularly announces an update. All you need to do is search for a reliable and experienced digital marketing agency who will save you from this trap.
How a Digital Marketing Company Can Come to Your Rescue
Optimization of the Internal Links
Google has sent out a warning message to all websites out there to avoid using spammy links. Yes, it’s true that the external links get most of the spotlight. But you cannot ignore your internal links. It’s because it can have a negative impact on website ranking. It also affects the way Google crawls through your website.
You have full control over the internal links. Internal links help guide search engine websites to web pages that get high traffic and are associated with one another thematically. You can over-optimize your internal links like external links.
- First, it is essential to link the webpages that are related to one another. For instance, if a user is visiting the first page, he may be interested in browsing the second page as well.
- It is important to maintain a webpage hierarchy.
- Use generic words to create an anchor text. Don’t use the exact keywords.
Provide Original and Relevant Content
Original and relevant content drives more traffic to a website. Thus, duplicate or plagiarized content is a big no.
Google is very clear and follows a strict policy about posting content on the website. It values only fresh and authentic content. People visit Google to get relevant information. Therefore, you need to provide them with valuable and meaningful content, which they find engaging.
Even if you make all the effort to boost your website’s ranking but your content is not good, all your attempts will go into vain.
So, while writing a blog or article, you have to make sure it is well researched with true facts. In addition, you will have to use your keywords intelligently so that it can lead to further exploration of the website.
Please note that if Google views a high bounce rate, your website is set to be penalized. To avoid that you need to focus on keeping an ideal length of the blog. The perfect word count is about 1000-1500 words.
Keep a Vigil on Negative SEO
One of the key concerns that webmasters are facing today is negative SEO. Well, this is an illegal process where hackers try to build spam links and then distribute the website content all over the internet. Of course, it will affect your website’s ranking.
So, what’s the way to defend from such an unethical practice?
Well, digital marketing experts will ensure a few important steps to ensure that you don’t fall into the trap.
- Keep an Eye on the Backlink Profile – The digital marketing professionals will monitor your backlink profile. They will keep a check if somebody is creating links or paying a regular visit to your website. You can use a few vital tools such as Open Site Explorer to keep a manual vigilance.
- Securing the Best Backlinks – The hackers can remove the backlinks from the website. Thus, it’s imperative to keep tracking your best backlinks and protect them.
- Reporting Negative SEO Attacks You can make use of Google’s Disavow tool to report against alleged negative SEO hackings. This informs Google about unethical activities so that they can take appropriate action against them.
Google also keeps on upgrading its algorithms to improve the user experience of the end-users. It is important for digital marketing experts and webmasters to strictly comply with the search engine practices to avoid any penalty from the search engine company.