Among the many things online casinos are good at, providing bonuses and promotions ranks high on the list. Gambling houses can only differ so much in the games they provide since they are often sourced from the same developers, fall in similar categories, and feature simple gameplay procedures. Bonuses are an excellent way for these establishments to be a cut above their competition and attract more gamblers to try out their services.
One of the many provided incentives is the birthday bonus. While it is not the most popular, it is still exciting to receive nonetheless. The incentive is just what its name suggests – a reward granted on your birthday. The availability of a birthday bonus varies from one gambling club to another, and it is as popular as other packages like the welcome, reload, and no deposit bonuses. How this birthday bonus works and looks like, we are going to speak about in this article.
How the birthday bonus works
Birthday bonuses are usually awarded once per year on the provided date of birth. This information is often requested during account creation to confirm that one is of legal gambling age. In other cases, its provision is voluntary and can be skipped. Claiming birthday bonuses is relatively uncomplicated and happens in the same way as any other offer. To begin with, you must be a member of the casino providing the prize, and your birth date information must be provided. After signing up or logging in, proceed to the promotions section and select the birthday bonus. This offer is typically limited to one day of the year, and most casinos limit its claim to 24 hours.
Since birthday bonuses are exclusive, most casinos provide promo codes to claim them. These codes appear as mixed characters, numbers, and/or symbols. The bonus codes can only be used once. In most cases, it is received through:
- A newsletter sent to the entered email during registration;
- An SMS sent to the phone number also provided during account creation;
- The promotions section under one’s account;
- A physical letter sent to the provided billing address.
Types of Birthday Bonuses
While each casino offers unique birthday bonus packages to players, their meaning is usually familiar. Only one kind of reward is granted in most cases, but some provide a mix of different types. Here is a look at the incentives you can expect to have in the offers:
- Match promotions. These bonuses award a percentage of the deposit, granting players more cash to use as bets. For instance, a matchup of 150% gifts $150 for a deposit of $100. In most birthday bonuses, matchups cover only one deposit.
- Cashbacks. Cashbacks are similar to match promotions, but instead of awarding an extra percentage of deposits, they cover funds already used as bets. In most cases, beneficence makes up for the losses. Suppose $500 is used in stakes, and $250 was lost, players receive $25 in a 10% cashback since it covers only the lost amount.
- Cash offers. Some casinos offer fixed cash amounts in their birthday bonuses. Unlike cashbacks and match promotions, these real money offers do not change depending on the deposited amount.
- Free spins. Since most casinos have slot machines as the centre of attraction, it is common for birthday bonuses to contain free spins. Each round in a pokie is called a spin; hence, free spins play the game for several rounds without charging the balance but offer a fair chance at collecting payouts.
- Free chips. Table games get less attention than slots in online casinos, but they still have a big enough fanbase to warrant dedicated bonuses. As a fan of blackjack, roulette, poker, and other sets in the category, a gambling club can offer free chips. These bonuses act like free spins and award unpaid rounds in table and card games without any deductions to your balance.
- Loyalty points. Casinos that run loyalty schemes can award points as a birthday bonus. For instance, you can get a double or more conversion rate or receive a predetermined, fixed number of points. These points can then be converted into actual cash if they meet the specified limit or used to move to higher levels in the game.
- Gadgets. While it is rare, some casinos can offer smartphones, tablets, watches, and other devices to clients on their birthdays. Some gambling houses also provide holiday packages for destination casinos and resorts. Such incentives come with more limitations than the standard packages, like being in a specified geographical location or attaining a high VIP level.
Terms and Conditions
Like other casino incentives, birthday bonuses have terms and conditions attached that determine their claim and use. Abiding by these terms is crucial to withdrawing the awarded funds and any winnings they generate along the way. The details differ between casinos, but they have common things, for example:
- Qualifying deposit – this is the minimum deposit that can be made to activate the bonus. The amount usually ranges between $1 and $20. The only exception to this rule is a no deposit slots bonus since no cash is necessary for its activation.
- Maximum amount – a limit is placed on the highest amount a birthday bonus can award, especially in match promotions and cashbacks.
- Wagering requirement – most birthday bonuses have a pegged playthrough term. It determines how many times an amount equal to the incentive must be spent to approve withdrawals. Most birthday offers have low wagering requirements, making them among the easiest to clear.
- Time limit – Most casinos limit the birthday bonus to the day itself. It can be limited to 24 hours or extended for several days after receiving it. During this time, players must fulfil all the conditions of the bonus, or it is voided.
- Limited games – some birthday bonuses are limited for use in specific games, especially free spins and chips. The limited game can be one or several of them. Any bets placed on games that do not qualify are declared null and void.
- Bet limits – most birthday bonuses have a limitation on the highest bet placed per round. It can be anywhere between a few pennies and $10.
- Maximum cashout – the incentives can also restrict the highest payout amount withdrawn from the bonus. Once the limit is achieved, any exceeding winnings are either voided or made sticky bonuses.
Popular Games for Birthday Bonuses
Birthday bonuses are usually granted for use in casino games rather than withdrawable cash. Below are games the offers can be used to explore, and they vary depending on the gaming site.
Slots are the most targeted games by casino bonuses, and for good reason – they are the most popular with players, account for a significant portion of most portfolios, and have the most massive winnings. Birthday bonuses featuring free spins are curated explicitly for slots. Even such bonuses like matchups, cashbacks and free cash open to using in other games still target slots the most by awarding them the highest contribution rate to playthrough terms.
Table games mainly consist of classics that have been around for centuries like blackjack, roulette, poker, and baccarat. Due to their slight strategy accommodation, they are rarely targeted by bonuses or low clearance rates. Nonetheless, some casinos offer dedicated free chips and cash bonuses to use in the sets. Some of the best games to explore using such birthday bonuses include:
|Roulette||European Roulette, French Roulette, Multi-wheel Roulette, American Roulette, Double Ball Roulette, Neon Roulette, Common Draw Roulette, Mini Roulette, Premium Roulette|
|Blackjack||Double Exposure, Blackjack Switch, Atlantic City Blackjack, European Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, Perfect Pairs, Vegas Strip Blackjack, Single Deck Blackjack, Multihand Blackjack|
|Baccarat||No Commission Baccarat, Speed Baccarat, Punto Banco, Mini Baccarat, Three-Card Baccarat, Super Pan 9, Chemin De Fer|
|Poker||Texas Hold’em, Three-Card Poker, Five Card Draw, Caribbean Stud Poker, Oasis Poker, Seven-Card Stud, Side Bet City, Pai Gow Poker|
These games can be played in the regular or live lobby. The latter offers a chance at real-life gameplay conducted by human dealers.
Video poker is considered the love child of slots and poker, and it is hardly ever targeted by birthday bonuses. However, if you encounter a gambling house leaving it open to clear a reward, take the chance and run with it. Video poker games usually pack some of the best odds, sometimes featuring an RTP over 99%. Popular versions of the game include Joker Poker, Deuces Wild, Bonus Poker, Double Bonus Poker, and Jacks or Better.
Spice up your special day by claiming birthday bonuses from your favourite casino. Be sure to read through the terms and conditions to avoid biting more than you can chew. If such a package is unavailable, claim other lucrative offers like no deposit, welcome, reload, high roller, loyalty, and referral bonuses.