TomTom Launches Its Range Of GPS Sport Watches In India
India, January 21, 2015: TomTom today announces its range of GPS sport watches is available to buy in India. The TomTom Runner and Multi-Sport GPS watches deliver real-time information such as time, distance, heart rate, pace, speed and calories burnt to runners, cyclists and swimmers.
The TomTom Runner Cardio has a built-in heart rate monitor to help runners measure heart rate without the need for a separate, bulky and uncomfortable chest strap. An extra-large display, full-screen graphical training tools and the industry’s first one-button control make it easy for fitness enthusiasts to access real-time information to help them achieve their goals.
Andrew Cooper, SVPSales APAC, TomTom, said,“Our research shows that 95% of runners consider their GPS watch to be their perfect training partner. However, we see a gap between the number of runners and the penetration of GPS sport watches primarily due to lack of understanding on the benefits of running with a GPS watch. By launching fitness products with industry leading innovations, we expect this segment to grow at a rapid pace globally, and in India.”
“Running is an important part of the changing life-style of the young, upwardly mobile Indian” says KavitaNath, Country Manager, TomTom India. “Our research suggests that access to real time information during a run is one of the easiest ways for a runner to improve their performance, making the GPS watch an essential part of any runner’s kit.”
AmiteshJha – Sr Director: Retail, Flipkart said, “We are excited to announce the exclusive launch of TomTom’s first range of GPS watches in India. Targeted primarily at runners, cyclists, swimmers, this new range will be an extension of our fitness portfolio. Staying fit is one of top priorities today for the urban Indian youth and we have seen a recent surge in demand for fitness products. With the introduction of the TomTom GPS sport watches we are able to widen our portfolio of fitness products for our customers.”
Key Features of TomTom Sport Watches
Graphical Training Partner
The new watches feature TomTom’s Graphical Training Partner. Easy-to-read full-screen graphics help users get the most out of their workouts. They can view their real-time performance at-a-glance with three graphical training modes:
- Race: Race against a personal best or most recent run. Quickly track performance with real-time graphics, to continue to improve run-after-run.
- Goal: Set a distance, time or calorie goal and see progress toward that goal with simple, full-screen graphics and alerts.
- Zone: Set a target for pace or heart-rate (with optional heart-rate monitor) and track progress in a simple full-screen graph throughout a workout.
The new TomTom range includes an intuitive One-Button Control that enables users to easily navigate up-down-left-right through menus to access key stats and watch features. Unlike the majority of existing GPS watches on the market that feature multiple small and hard-to-operate buttons, the one-button control is easy to operate while moving and can be easily controlled in all weather conditions and while wearing gloves.
- Indoor tracker: Accurately track indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, so that users can monitor pace and distance even while running on a treadmill.
- Ultra-slim design: Run with a lightweight watch crafted for runners using a sleek design, which comfortably fits all wrist sizes.
- Quick GPS fix: Get started faster by using the latest in GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find precise locations.
- Multi-platform compatibility: Sync, analyse and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms, including the TomTom MySports website, MapMyFitness, RunKeeper, TrainingPeaks and Strava.
- Super-tough display: Run with a durable, super-tough, scratch-and-impact-resistant display that remains easy-to-read, run after run.
- Weather and water-resistant: Run in all kinds of weather. Waterproof up to 165 feet / 5 ATM.
- Long-lasting battery: Run more, recharge less, with up to 8 hours battery life (GPS+HR), up to 10 (GPS only)
- Bluetooth® smart: Connect to sensors using the latest wireless technology.
Pricing and Availability
The TomTom Runner GPS Watch is priced at 12,999 INR,the TomTom Multi-Sport GPS at 15,499 INR. TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Watch and the TomTom Multi-Sport Cardio Watch are priced at 20,999 INR and 23499 INR respectively. They will be exclusively available on flipkart.com.