Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the availability of the TI DLP LightCrafter Display 4710 evaluation module (EVM), a new developer tool that allows quick assessment of the DLP Pico™ 0.47-inch TRP Full-HD 1080p display chipset. Example applications include digital signage, mobile projectors (battery and AC-powered), screenless TVs, control panels, interactive displays, and wearables such as head-mounted displays (HMD). The EVM is now available for purchase through TI.com. For more information, see www.ti.com/4710evm.Key features and benefits of the DLP LightCrafter Display 4710 EVM:
- Rapid assessment of the smallest DLP Full-HD chipset – the 0.47-inch TRP Full-HD 1080p chipset– capable of generating bright, power-efficient full-HD displays1 from small-form-factor electronics.
- Mini High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) offers plug-and-play functionality with various computing devices.
- A simple-to-use micro-USB-based graphical user interface (GUI) allows for real-time chipset evaluation to assess features and peripherals.
- Equipped with a production-quality optical engine to speed the product development cycle.
To help developers accelerate the incorporation of the 0.47-inch TRP Full-HD 1080p chipset in their application, a new TI Designs reference design, Full-HD Projection Display using DLP Pico technology, is now available for download, consisting of a system block diagram, schematics, board design files, test data and optical engine specifications.
To further accelerate developers’ ability to bring their innovative products to market, TI maintains the most extensive ecosystem of pico optical engine manufacturers in the industry, eliminating the need for developers to have their own optics expertise. For more details, please contact a member of the DLP ecosystem.
Availability and package
The DLP LightCrafter Display 4710 EVM is available for purchase through TI.com. The chipset contained in this EVM includes the DLP4710 digital micromirror device. Other components in the chipset are the DLPC3439, available in a 201-pin very fine ball grid array (VFBGA) package; and the DLPA3005, offered in a 100-pin thermally enhanced thin quad flat pack (HTQFP) package.
Find out more:
- Watch a video about the DLP LightCrafter Display 4710 EVM.
- Visit the Getting Started page to begin working with DLP Pico technology.
- See this technology in action in the video: TI DLP Pico Technology: Limitless Display Possibilities.
- Join the DLP forum in the TI E2E™ Community to search for solutions, get help, share knowledge, and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
- View a list of leading optical engine manufacturers.
- Download TI Designsreference designs.