iRobot’s Most Thoughtful Robot Vacuum, the Roomba j7+ Identifies Obstacles and Avoids Hazards
Robots should clean your home exactly how you want them to, understanding your specific instructions and unique preferences. Puresight Systems, the exclusive and official distributor of iRobot products in India brings the all new Roomba j7+ in India. Now customers would be able to control over their cleaning requirements with the iRobot OS powered Roomba® j7+ robot vacuum. iRobot OS delivers a new level of customer experience for a cleaner, healthier and smarter home.
Designed to seamlessly blend into your home, the iRobot Roomba j7+ is a thoughtful, collaborative cleaning partner that delivers superior cleaning performance with every mission. Powered by iRobot OS, and featuring PrecisionVision Navigation, the Roomba j7+ gets smarter with each use. The robot learns how best to navigate your floors, remembering specific rooms and certain furniture, to clean where it’s most needed. It can also start cleaning automatically when you leave home and stop when you return. The Roomba j7+ takes the time to understand your cleaning preferences, learning your cleaning rules, asking for and responding to feedback, and remembering how to react in the future. It even recognizes and avoids cords and solid pet waste, giving you peace of mind that the job will get done.
“Smart home products often fail to live up to consumer expectations when they lack context of the home, cannot learn independently, and require complex programming for basic functionality. We understand home environments and lifestyles are unique and that it’s important to offer intelligent, simple-to-use products that more thoughtfully work within the boundaries of house rules set by the user,” said Colin Angle, chairman and CEO of iRobot.
Further adding to the same, Angle added “The Roomba j7+ with iRobot OS provides greater levels of personalization, new home automations and the ability to get smarter over time, allowing the robot to deliver a more intuitive cleaning experience so people have more time to do what’s most important to them.”
Available across iRobot’s portfolio of connected robot vacuums and mops,2 iRobot OS extends the company’s leadership in creating state-of-the-art artificial intelligence and personalized cleaning experiences. Digital features included in iRobot OS that are also compatible with the Roomba j7+ include:
- Clean While I’m Away: Robots should work around your schedule. Using a phone’s location services, users can now create a defined boundary around their home so their smartphone will trigger the robot to automatically begin (and stop) cleaning when their phone leaves or returns to the boundary.
- Smart Map Coaching and Room Name Suggestions: The robot will help guide new customers through their initial onboarding and subsequent cleaning jobs to personalize their Smart Map, ensuring that it is optimized to navigate their home intelligently and efficiently. It’ll even help facilitate Smart Map customization by auto-recommending room labels once the robot has finished learning the home’s floorplan and is ready to create the Smart Map.
- Quiet Drive: If you need to clean a specific area, but need some quiet near-by, tell your robot to keep it down as it makes its way to and from cleaning jobs. Quiet drive will shut down vacuuming components when the robot is not in its active cleaning job.
- Cleaning Time Estimates: Crunched for time? Forgot to run your robot but guests are on their way over? See just how long a cleaning job will take with new Clean Time Estimates. Available for iRobot Imprint Smart Mapping robots,2 customers can see a time estimate in the iRobot Home App based on the room – or rooms – they’ve chosen for a particular cleaning job.
- Do Not Disturb: Introducing iRobot’s NAP Commitment (Never Awake People or Pets). With the Do Not Disturb feature, customers can use the iRobot Home App to define windows of time in which the robot should not run, whether that be when someone is asleep or in a meeting. Do Not Disturb provides peace of mind that your robot will respect life’s quiet times. This feature has been rolled out to existing customers globally.
- Child & Pet Lock: Has your pet ever accidentally started your robot? Or maybe a curious child unintentionally found the robot’s “Clean” button? Problem solved with Child & Pet Lock via the iRobot Home App, an option that temporarily disables the physical “Clean” button on Wi-Fi connected Roomba and Braava jet robots. Once activated, the robots can only be controlled through the iRobot Home App, eliminating the need to quickly end an accidental start.
“People have more important things to do than worry about vacuuming, so we developed the Roomba j7+ to be thoughtful, responsive, and put people’s needs first,” said Keith Hartsfield, chief product officer at iRobot. “Powered by OS, the Roomba j7+ incorporates many of the things we know our customers look for in a premium robot. It’s a powerful, hands-free cleaning system that detects and avoids obstacles, adapts to the user’s needs, cleans based on individual preferences and schedules, and gets smarter over time. It also brings with it a beautiful design that fits seamlessly into the home. All of this gives the user assurance that the job will get done in a way that is tailored to their individual needs.”
Roomba j7+ robot vacuum, backed by the power of iRobot OS
Identifies obstacles and avoids hazards
Powered by iRobot OS, the Roomba j7+ doesn’t just learn your home, it reacts to it in real time with PrecisionVision Navigation, giving users the ability to identify and avoid common obstacles, such as cords, headphones, shoes, socks, towels, clothing, and pet waste. If you drop your charging cord on the floor in the living room, the Roomba j7+ will see it and avoid it. If your new puppy left a “surprise” in the hallway, the Roomba j7+ is guaranteed to detect and maneuver around it. With the ability to identify and anticipate walls and furniture, it is also able to slow its approach for a gentle clean around objects and along edges. Combining this with Imprint™ Smart Mapping, the Roomba j7+ can learn a home’s floor plan, giving customers control to choose which rooms are cleaned when using the iRobot Home App or a voice assistant device. Backed by continuous over-the-air software updates provided by iRobot OS, PrecisionVision Navigation will also get smarter over time, allowing the Roomba j7+ to identify an even greater number of obstacles and unlock new cleaning experiences.
Keeps you in the loop, follows your instruction
The cleaning improves the more you use the Roomba j7+. Thanks to thoughtful intelligence provided by iRobot OS, the Roomba j7+ interactively learns your preferences and adapts to keep a cleaner home. When the Roomba j7+ identifies a hazard or obstacle, it will send a photo to the iRobot Home App where you can instruct the robot to avoid or clean around the obstacle. You can also provide feedback in the iRobot Home App on how the Roomba j7+ should handle such obstacles in the future. This helps keep you in the loop and aware of any clutter or hazards, like pet waste, in your home. It also helps ensure that the robot will successfully complete the job.
So smart, it anticipates the mess
Your cleaning needs are taken care of – even the ones you don’t know about yet. With iRobot OS, the Roomba j7+ learns how you like to clean and automatically gives you personalized suggestions, even factoring in times when your home may need more frequent cleaning – like pet-shedding or allergy seasons. Since the Roomba j7+ remembers the specific rooms and times you like to clean, it can suggest personalized cleaning schedules, like in the kitchen after breakfast. Enabled by iRobot OS, the Roomba j7+ will even ask if you’d like to clean while you’re away and stop cleaning when you return, letting you enjoy the clean without noticing the cleaning. For an extra level of clean, Imprint® Link Technology only from iRobot tells the Braava jet® m6 robot to mop after the Roomba j7+ has finished vacuuming.
Designed to be in a class of its own
The Roomba j7+ robot and its Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Disposal have been thoughtfully designed to blend into the home. The robot features an appealing spun metal finish and intuitive one-button design. The Clean Base has been redesigned from the ground-up to fit under tables and take up less space. Its premium, textured style and rich leather pull tab complement your home furnishings, and hidden storage ensures you always have an extra bag ready to go. With the Clean Base, you can forget about vacuuming for months at a time. It allows the Roomba j7+ robot vacuum to empty itself into an enclosed bag that doesn’t need to be replaced for up to 60 days – 2x longer than other brands claim. With the low-maintenance Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal system, there is no mess or cloud of dust when you empty it. Just dispose of the used bag and put a new one in the base.
Roomba j7+ Price in India
India: The Roomba j7+ robot vacuum with Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal is available for purchase immediately in India with a launch price of INR 74,900/- against the MRP of INR 89,900/- on https://irobot.in/j7-series.aspx
2Certain iRobot OS digital features will only work with Imprint® Smart Mapping robots, like the Roomba i7/i7+, Roomba s9/s9+, Roomba j7/j7+ robot vacuums and Braava jet m6 robot mops.