ASUS today announced that its products won four Best Choice and 12 d&i (design and innovation) awards at ceremonies held during Computex 2016. ZenFone 3 Ultra won the Best Choice Golden Award and the ZenBook 3 ultralight notebook, ZenBeam Go E1Z projector, and ROG GT51 gaming desktop each won a Best Choice Award in the Computer & System, Peripherals & 3D Printing, and Gaming categories respectively. ZenBook 3 and ROG GT51 also won the Computex d&i Award along with 10 additional products.
Hosted by the Taipei Computer Association (TCA), the Best Choice Awards recognize products at Computex that display excellence in innovation, functionality, and marketability. The Computex d&i Awards are held by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) and iF Design, a leading international industrial design authority. These internationally recognized awards honor products with exceptional design and technological capability.
Best Choice Award and Computex d&i Award winners
- ZenBook 3 is the next-generation ZenBook, completely redesigned with a gorgeous 910g ultra-sleek 11.9mm chassis. To achieve its amazing lightness without compromising strength, ZenBook 3 is crafted from aerospace-grade aluminum alloy, a premium material that is 50% stronger than the standard alloy used in laptops. ZenBook 3 features an Intel® Core™ i7 processor, 16GB RAM, up to a 1TB PCIe® SSD, a next-gen USB Type-C port, a high-resolution 12.5-inch edge-to-edge slim-bezel display, powerful quad-speaker Harman Kardon audio, a backlit keyboard with full-size keys, and up to 9 hours of battery life.
- ROG GT51 is a gaming desktop boasting extreme performance, an aggressive design, and gamer-friendly features. Powered by a liquid-cooled 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6700K processor with Turbo Gear for one-click full-core CPU overclocking to 4.6GHz without rebooting and up to NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics with 2-way SLI, GT51 delivers incredibly powerful performance to satisfy hardcore gamers. ROG GT51 features an advanced cooling system with multi-zone airflow, comprising a silent liquid-cooling system for the CPU, isolated airflow for the power supply, and an internal air tunnel that draws cool air into the chassis to cool the graphics card, ensuring cool temperatures and system stability during marathon gaming sessions.
In addition to extreme performance, ROG GT51 has an aggressive design with dynamic lighting effects across four zones that gamers can customize using a palette of up to 8-million colors to create their own unique avatar. It also boasts an ESS Sabre headphone DAC and amplifier on its front audio jack to give users incredible audiophile-grade sound. The ROG Band wearable accessory lets gamers automatically access Shadow Drive — their own hidden hard drive space that lets them manage personal confidential data safely — or activate overclocking.
Best Choice Award winners
- ZenFone 3 Ultra — Computex Best Choice Golden Award winner — is a smartphone designed for multimedia lovers, featuring a 6.8-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with wide view angles and a wide 95%-of-NTSC color gamut. ASUS-exclusive Tru2Life+ technology brings 4K UHD-TV-grade video processing technology to smartphones and optimizes every pixel in an image before it is displayed, resulting in superior contrast and clarity. ZenFone 3 also excels at audio with its powerful dual five-magnet speakers and NXP smart amplifier that provides clear, defined sound and also protects the speakers from damage. When listening over certified headphones, users can enjoy Hi-Res Audio (HRA) that provides up four times better sound than CDs and virtual 7.1 surround sound with DTS Headphone:X.
ZenFone 3 Ultra has an incredibly slim and elegant full-metal unibody chassis — the world’s first to have no antenna lines. An ultra slim bezel gives ZenFone 3 Ultra a 79% screen-to-body ratio, maximizing the viewing area while keeping the phone easy to hold and carry. ZenFone 3 Ultra is equipped with an extremely high-resolution 23MP camera with an ASUS TriTech autofocus system that automatically selects laser, phase detection or continuous autofocus to achieve precise focus in just 0.03 seconds. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor, Adreno 510 graphics, and 4GB of RAM, ZenFone 3 Ultra delivers outstanding mobile performance. Its high-capacity 4600 mAh battery provides long-lasting performance on the go and QuickCharge 3.0 technology provides rapid recharge times. ZenFone 3 Ultra even works as a power bank with 1.5A output for quickly charging other mobile devices.
- ZenBeam Go E1Z is a palm-sized LED projector capable of projecting TV-sized images measuring up to 120 inches diagonally. ZenBeam Go E1Z features a USB port and is the world’s first Android and Windows OS-compatible USB projector with plug-and-play capability. A built-in 6400mAh rechargeable battery provides up to five hours of projection time and allows users to use ZenBeam Go E1Z as a power bank to charge their mobile devices. ZenBeam Go E1Z is ideal for users who want to project and view content stored in their mobile devices on a larger screen. The embedded USB port allows full compatibility with Android 5.0+ phones and tablets plus the ASUS-exclusive app for projector setting control. ZenBeam Go E1Z has a built-in SonicMaster speaker for exceptional sound. Auto keystone correction detects ZenBeam Go E1Z’s orientation and corrects distorted images that result from angled projections, so users get to enjoy perfect projections every time.
Computex d&i Award winners
- Reco Smart is a versatile in-car dashboard camera that also works as a portable camera. It features a Sony image sensor for clear daytime and nighttime recording in Full HD (1080p) at 30 frames per second and an f/1.8 aperture lens that enables recording of minute details even in low-light environments. Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology delivers enhanced image quality for clear images and videos — even in high-contrast scenes. A 150-degree wide-angle lens provides unobstructed views of the front sides of the vehicle and the road ahead.
With the downloadable ASUS Reco companion app for Android and iOS, users can connect to Reco Smart with their smartphone via Wi-Fi and enjoy full control of the camera, including viewing real-time video previews as well as downloading and sharing photos and videos. Reco Smart comes with 500GB of ASUS WebStorage, giving users enough space to store up to 7,500 video files in the cloud. Additionally, Reco Smart features a 58mm filter ring and 1/4-inch screw mount to ensure compatibility with tripod mounts, filters, and other standard camera accessories.
- ZenFone 3 is a feature-packed smartphone that brings premium design and empowering performance to everyone. Built around a gorgeous 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with up to 500cd/m2 brightness, ZenFone 3 delivers an incredible visual experience that makes apps, videos, and games look their best. With a narrow bezel, ZenFone 3 provides a 77.3% screen-to-body ratio for a maximized viewing area in a slim and compact body. The front and rear of the phone are encased in scratch-resistant 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass that gently curves to make the edge of the phone completely smooth. ZenFone 3 is equipped with a 16MP camera with an ASUS TriTech autofocus system that automatically selects laser, phase detection, or continuous autofocus to achieve precise focus in just 0.03 seconds. ZenFone 3 is the world’s first smartphone powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor for outstanding mobile performance with improved efficiency and battery life.
- ZenWatch 2 (WI501Q & WI502Q) is a smart assistant for Android™ and iOS smartphones that provides wearers with a convenient, at-a-glance view of important information, and is a full-featured activity tracker. It is designed to be a truly personal device that wearers can customize even further to express their unique sense of style. Available in two sizes — 1.45 inches and 1.63 inches— and in three stainless-steel case colors, with 18 different strap material and color combinations, more than 60 instantly-changeable official ASUS watch faces, and the new FaceDesigner smartphone app that lets wearers create their own watch faces with customized style and functionality, there is truly a ZenWatch 2 for everyone. The timeless new design includes an elegant yet practical crown button that is inspired by watchmaking traditions, adding convenient and intuitive functionality. ZenWatch 2 also introduces an effortless charging system with a magnetic connector that snaps in to place automatically and ASUS-exclusive HyperCharge technology that provides industry-leading charge times — just 15 minutes to a 60% capacity.
- ZenBook Flip (UX360UA) combines elegant sophistication with the convenience and versatility of a 360°-rotatable display. This ultra-thin, ultra-light convertible is a stylish laptop, a handy tablet, or anything in between. The exclusive Infinity Hinge is a miniature design masterpiece, with a cover that is only 1.43mm thick housing the super-solid mechanism. ZenBook Flip is incredibly powerful, with an Intel Core i7 processor, up to a 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, so it sails through everyday computing tasks with ease. It has an ergonomic backlit keyboard with full-size keys, and its amazing battery lasts up to 12 hours between charges.
- ASUS USB-AC68 is a pocket-sized Wi-Fi USB adapter that provides notebooks or desktops an instant upgrade to ultra-fast dual-band 802.11ac speeds of up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz frequency band and 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. It features a powerful three-transmit, four-receive (3×4) MIMO design with two folding external antennas and ASUS AiRadar beamforming technology for outstanding signal reception. Additionally, the adapter’s USB 3.0 interface delivers up to 10X-faster data transfer speeds than USB 2.0, eliminating potential performance bottlenecks. ASUS USB-AC68 includes a desktop cradle with an extension cord for flexible positioning of the adapter to achieve the very best performance possible, even in areas with troublesome Wi-Fi reception.
- ASUS BRT-AC828/M2 is an 802.11ac router designed for startups, small businesses, branch offices, and classrooms. It features a 4×4 MIMO design and ASUS AiRadar beamforming to provide users with fast and stable Wi-Fi coverage. Dual wide-area network (WAN) ports provide ultimate speed and reliability with a combined data rate of up to 2Gbps and a backup connection. It features an M.2 SSD slot for fast data transfers and larger storage capacity for backing up files. BRT-AC828/M2 includes a suite of useful features that help small businesses and organizations easily manage their network. Captive Portal lets business owners customize their free W-Fi welcome page for customers. Device Group enables quick and easy management of multiple network devices at once. The convenient RADIUS server uses a centralized user account and password for access points to authenticate clients, enabling businesses to expand their networks easily.
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II is an all-new ATX motherboard based on the Intel X99 chipset and loaded with exclusive technologies to maximize the potential of the new Intel Core i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3. It features exclusive 5-Way Optimization for one-click, full system overclocking and cooling. The newly upgraded Fan Xpert 4 provides custom cooling with the ability to detect PWM/DC fans on all headers, use high-amperage fans, and control water-cooling pumps in both software and the media-acclaimed ASUS UEFI BIOS. ASUS Aura with a 4-pin RGB header enables users to create stunning illumination effects. ASUS X99-Deluxe II also has ASUS SafeSlot, a reinvented, strengthened PCIe slot that uses a new insert-molding process to bind the slot to fortifying metal for superior 1.6X retention and 1.8X shearing resistance.
- ROG Claymore is a gaming keyboard with Cherry MX RGB mechanical switches (Red, Blue, Brown, and Black options) and a detachable numeric keypad with macro functions to give users flexible placement options. This keyboard features individually backlit, customizable keys with 16.7-million-color lighting and N-key Rollover technology. It can be synced to ASUS and ROG motherboards, with hotkeys allowing users to control fan speed, monitor CPU temperature via the keyboard’s backlight. It can also synchronize LEDs among Claymore, ROG mice, and ASUS Aura-compatible motherboards, and start the system with CPU overclocking enabled. ROG Claymore has a durable aluminum-alloy frame with Mayan-inspired detailing for a premium look.
- ROG G31 Edition 10 is a special ROG 10th anniversary edition gaming desktop PC featuring a compact, 20L chassis, one-click CPU overclocking, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics with 2-way SLI for the ultimate 4K UHD gaming experience. It has a futuristic design with Mayan-inspired markings and ROG-exclusive 3D Vapor Chamber thermal technology with dual hidden airflow channels that help keep the system cool and quiet. A dedicated ESS audio DAC and amplifier headphone jack delivers Hi-Fi-grade audio to a gaming headset.