NETGEAR To Launch A Router For A New Way To Wi-Fi— The Nighthawk X8, Tri-Band, Quad-Stream AC5300 WiFi Router
Supportive New Antenna Design Helps Maximize Wi-Fi Performance
New Delhi: December 9th 2015: NETGEAR®, a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today introduced a Wifi router for your home that sets a new standard for speed, features and performance. The latest addition to the company’s premium Nighthawk® product line of Wifi routers, Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router (R8500) (www.netgear.com/R8500) delivers amazing Internet performance with combined WiFi speeds up to a blistering 5.3Gbps* (1000Mbps + 2166Mbps +2166Mbps), a new record for a home router. This quad-stream, tri-band router provides more Internet bandwidth for all the devices in your home, so everyone in the family can stream movies and music, download files, surf the web, share photos, and enjoy online gaming — simultaneously and without lag.
Engineered initially with an elegant modern design, is powered by an extremely powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor for faster connections; the industry’s first, patent-pending Active Antennas to boost range. It supports more wired connections with six Gigabit Ethernet ports including two that can be aggregated for faster file transfers.
Due to the recent popularity of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, the average household today has more than 12 Wifi devices connecting to its network, according to a new survey conducted by market research firm Market Lab. The production of these devices is expected to grow exponentially in the next few years as the “Internet of Things” (IoT) smart home becomes a reality. The next-generation Nighthawk X8 Wifi router from NETGEAR ensures the bandwidth required to support this ever-growing number of networked devices. The Nighthawk X8 delivers the best Wifi speed across all your devices, even when your family members are streaming, gaming, and downloading files at the same time.
Today’s homes combine many new and old Wifi devices that slow down overall performance. The Smart Connect feature of the tri-band Nighthawk X8 is engineered to intelligently segment slower and faster devices into the most appropriate Wifi band so that not only can the fast devices run faster, but even older devices will offer better performance.
One can also use the tri-band capability to segment traffic by devices or application. In a typical older dual-band router, for example, the video streamer and the Internet gamer have to effectively “time-share” bandwidth. However, with a tri-band router such as Nighthawk X8, video streaming and Internet gaming traffic can each operate on separate bands, effectively getting double the speed of a dual-band router.
Moreover, Nighthawk X8 offers a unique Dynamic QoS prioritization capability. Instead of treating all devices and applications as the same, Dynamic QoS recognizes each individual application and the device it is running on, their network traffic accordingly. Whether you are using your smart phone, tablet or laptop computer for gaming, streaming, transferring files or web browsing, Nighthawk X8 ensures that you are getting the most effective network connection for the best possible experience.
Nighthawk X8 boasts a total of eight antennas, four internal and four patent-pending external Active Antennas — the industry’s first — that boost the wireless range of the Nighthawk X8. Unlike typical antennas that simply relay the WiFi signal received from your devices to the router, Active Antennas amplify the WiFi signal within the external antenna itself. They eliminate loss in signal strength and avoid any additional noise during transmission. Active Antennas effectively compensate for the low power of WiFi devices to provide a more symmetrical connection for both receiving and sending wireless signals, which contributes to improving overall range and speed at long range.
One will be able to transfer large data files, photos, and videos in minutes rather than hours thanks to the port aggregation capability of Nighthawk X8 (also known as “port trunking”). The router has six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, the largest number available on a mainstream home router. Two of these ports can be aggregated to double the gigabit connection to a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device — such as all current NETGEAR ReadyNAS® models with two Ethernet ports — to support 4K HD streaming, faster backups, and faster file transfers.
“Nighthawk X8 is the next wave in Wifi and is for people who crave the absolute best networking experience possible today. Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Wifi helps provide sufficient bandwidth for the increasing number of devices in the home and cutting-edge Wave 2 AC provides the best Wifi performance” said Subhodeep Bhattacharya, Regional Director, India & SAARC, and NETGEAR.
Technical Benefits of Nighthawk X8
NETGEAR has designed Nighthawk X8 with best-in-class technology for speed, range, sharing, reliability, ease of use and security. It offers an unmatched WiFi experience for your WiFi-enabled devices — smartphones, notebooks, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles, Blu-ray® players, and media servers.
- Tri-band, quad-stream WiFi intelligently connects more devices to the fastest Wifi band possible and increases overall network speed, for a combined speed up to an astounding5.3Gbps* with 1024 QAM support.
- The powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor delivers faster speed for improved Wifi, wired and USB performance.
- Smart Connect intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device.
- Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports connect more wired devices and include dual port aggregation capability that doubles the gigabit connection to your NAS for 4K HD streaming and faster file transfers and backups.
- Eight antennas include four patent-pending external Active Antennas that enhance weak signals and reduce interference.
- Application-aware and device-aware Dynamic QoS technology optimizes your connection speed for reduced lag and buffering.
- Beamforming+ improves WiFi coverage and reliability by focusing WiFi directly at connected devices.
- NETGEAR genie® app is a personal dashboard that includes remote access to make it easy to install, monitor, control and repair your home network when you’re away from home.
- ReadyCLOUD® USB access enables you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere.
- ReadySHARE® Vault, a free software application, automatically backs up Windows®-based PCs on your network to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk X8.
- Enhanced Parental Controls enable web filtering and accessibility by family member or devices.
- Security features include VPN support for secure remote access to your home network and Internet when away from home and separate guest network access.
- NETGEAR MyMedia™ enables you to find and play your stored media from anywhere on your network to your DLNA®-ready TVs and music system.
- Two USB ports for easy access and transfer of your content, including one SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port that offers high-speed, storage-ready access significantly faster than USB 2.0.
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR Nighthawk X8, Tri-Band, Quad-Stream AC5300 WiFi Router will be available, at a price of INR 27,000 with NETGEAR’s authorized distributors in India from January 2016.