Frost & Sullivan to Explore Investment Opportunities in Nepal Amidst Economic Transformation
Nepal is undergoing a significant economic transformation, uncovering investment opportunities across a wide array of sectors. The Government of Nepal intends to achieve GDP growth of 7.2% in 2017-18 through increased momentum in post-earthquake reconstruction and significant spending on infrastructure projects. The current budget has allocated $600 million for the execution of National Pride Projects, which include key, large infrastructure projects such as the Gautam Buddha International Airport and the 456MW Upper Tamakoshi hydropower project. Investment in infrastructure projects will be lucrative for private-sector participants given the Government’s focus on adopting the public-private partnership (PPP) model for large projects, including hydropower, smart cities, new towns, railways, and roadways.
In the light of evolving economic and industry conditions , Frost & Sullivan’s Emerging Market Innovation team will host an online briefing/webinar titled “Nepal’s Economic Transformation – Seizing Investment Opportunities” on August 30, 2017, Wednesday, at 12 pm (IST) / 12:15 pm (NPT) / 2:30 pm (SGT). A panel of experts comprising of Nepal Government policymakers and key private sector representatives, as well as Frost & Sullivan senior management, will provide commentary on the country’s changing economic scenario, evolving policy conditions, and industry specific investment opportunities. The briefing will conclude with an interactive Q&A session with the expert panel.
For more details and to register for the briefing, please click here.
“Bouncing back from the lowest economic growth in the last decade, we believe Nepal is on the verge of an economic transformation that will likely entail government and private sector investments in large infrastructure projects and commercial ventures. The recent policy amendments, which are mainly targeted at attracting foreign investments, hint at improved business environment that could potentially lead the country into a high growth phase”, said Prerna Mohan, Associate Director, Strategic Planning and Implementation, Emerging Market Innovation, Frost & Sullivan.
The expert panel of presenters for this briefing will comprise:
- Ms. Prerna Mohan – Associate Director, Strategic Planning, and Implementation, Emerging Market Innovation, Frost & Sullivan
- Topic: Nepal’s economic priorities and growth outlook
- Mr. Dipendra Nath Sharma – Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development
- Topic: Smart city and modern town investment modality; urban infrastructure policy developments and growth outlook
- Mr. Shiba Raj Shrestha – Deputy Governor, Nepal Rastra Bank
- Topic: Implications of FDI policy changes and priority investment sectors
- Mr. Anuj Agrawal – Executive Director, Vishal Group; Vice President, Confederation of Nepalese Industries
- Topic: Recent and potential private sector policy changes; growth opportunities across priority industries such as hydropower, iron & steel, and tourism
Who will benefit from this briefing and how:
C-suite executives across business development, planning, and strategy, and government representatives will benefit from the webinar by:
- Learning more about economic growth trends, domestic policy changes and associated implications for investments
- Gaining an understanding of key trends influencing major industries such as hydropower, tourism, iron & steel and urban infrastructure and consequently identifying related engagement opportunities
- Engaging in a live Q&A session with national policymakers and markets leader
The Emerging Market Innovation team at Frost & Sullivan, responsible for hosting the emerging market briefing series, tracks global macroeconomic trends, policy developments, and growth opportunities, thereby helping organizations to navigate through global volatilities and capitalize on investment opportunities.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Social Media Handles –