NelsonHall Positions L&T Technology Services in the Leaders Category for IoT Services
Business Wire India
L&T Technology Services Limited (NSE: LTTS), a leading global pure-play engineering services company announced that it has been positioned in the Leaders Category by independent global research firm, NelsonHall in its latest NEAT evaluation for Internet of Things (IoT) services providers. LTTS is the only global pure-play engineering services to be positioned in the leader’s category.
LTTS has been identified as a leader relative to its peers’ due to its ability to meet future client requirements as well as deliver immediate benefits to IoT Services clients.
Dominique Raviart, IT Services Practice Director, NelsonHall said “L&T Technology Services has several strengths that make it relevant to industrial IoT. The company has a background in the manufacturing industry. It is actively expanding its IoT portfolio, and has created its own IoT platform, as well as continuing to create IP-based use cases. Also, LTTS has a background in the ER&D industry, which means that it can provide a continuum of services, from product design and engineering to the IoT platform.”
Mr. Bhupendra Bhate, Chief Operating Officer & Whole Time Director, LTTS commented, “Digital Engineering is shaping things of the future. LTTS as the leading pure play engineering services firm is at the forefront of the digital wave and investing its resources and capabilities in transformative areas such as Embedded Systems & Platforms, Human Machine Interface, Big Data Analytics, Integrated Manufacturing & Asset Management and Design Thinking. Acknowledgements such as this from NelsonHall are a testimony that our strategic focus on new age technology is yielding the desired results.”
NelsonHall’s profile of LTTS’ IoT capabilities identified its wide IoT services portfolio which include IoT Platforms and connectivity services, connected devices and ER&D services for Smart Manufacturing.
Some of the key IoT solutions that have been deployed in LTTS’ global customer projects include:
- WAGES, LTTS’ Cloud-based utility usage monitoring solution, that is specifically designed to help plant managers collect consumption data from across locations, and visualize them as KPIs through a unified dashboard. WAGES refers to Water, Air, Gas Electricity and Steam, the key inputs in a manufacturing process that are tracked & monitored by the solution.
- LTTS has developed a Remote Asset Performance Management Solution for a Construction Major which intends to cover 30 thousand assets across 500 asset types leading to an expected 12% improvement in asset utilization and reduced costs as on-time asset availability improve
- LTTS’ Personal Protection Equipment Solution includes IoT-enabled Personal Protective gear, an example of advanced wearable technology for industrial usage, that employs a Zigbee interface mechanism whereby alerts and notifications are sent to both personnel’s and their supervisors in case of any breach.
Additionally, NelsonHall identified key strengths of LTTS which include:
- Background in smart manufacturing, an area where IoT demand stems from
- Credibility in elements of IoT services, namely embedded systems, mechanical engineering, connectivity and telecom services
- Financial capabilities to invest in IoT offerings
- Development of proprietary IP
NelsonHall noted that LTTS is investing in developing IP use cases and creating Intellectual Assets that are reusable like the smart building framework i-BEMS that enables ‘Net-Zero,’ energy generation management in buildings.